Tough Mudder is a team-oriented 10-12 mile military-style obstacle course designed to test both physical strength and mental grit. Tough Mudder was designed and co-created by a British Harvard School post graduate and a former corporate lawyer and aims to test mental as well as physical strength.
The main focus of Tough Mudder is around teamwork, with the obstacles designed to encourage group participation. The obstacles play on common human fears such as fire, water, electricity and heights. Participants must commit to helping others complete the course, putting teammates before themselves and overcoming fears. On average, 78% of people taking part successfully complete the challenge. More than 2 million people have taken part in over 150 events since the first Tough Mudder event was held in the USA in 2010.
According to the Tough Mudder website, “Tough Mudder puts camaraderie over finisher rankings and is not a race but a team challenge. We are for anyone who has ever followed their gut, tried to defy gravity, chosen ‘dare’ over ‘truth,’ taken risks, sought thrills, or is generally awesome at life.” More information about Tough Mudder can be found at https://toughmudder.co.uk/
Kingdom’s eight person team will take part in the Scotland event on Saturday 25th June 2016 at Drumlanrig Castle, Thornhill, in Dumfries & Gallloway. The team will have to run up and over gut-busting hills, navigate dark wooded trails and crawl through plenty of thick mud. The team are taking part in order to raise money for two charities that are very close to their hearts – Cancer Research UK and Help For Heroes.
The eight Kingdom team members who are taking part are:
- Jamie Graham, Business Manager in Scotland, who has been with the company for two years
- Alastair Tully, Mobile Division Team Leader who has been with the company for eight months
- Ross Garrick, Shift Co-ordinator in Scotland who has been with the company for a year
- Keith Young, Business Manager in Scotland who has been with the company for two and half years
- Lorraine McGregor, Accounts Administrator based in Glasgow who has been with the company for two and a half years
- Ryan MacVicar, Mobile Supervisor in Scotland who has been with the company for six months
- Ishaq Ali, Mobile Supervisor in Scotland who has been with the company for five months
- Karim Darboe, Recruitment & Ops Support who has been the company for two years
If you would like to sponsor them you can do so via their JustGiving page - https://www.justgiving.com/kingdomsecurity.
Kingdom will keep you updated as to the team’s progress!
Kingdom believes that it is crucial to their core business success to act responsibly as a business, with the highest social, environmental and ethical standards. Kingdom wants to achieve financial success, but also wants to create value for their stakeholders – from shareholders to customers, employees to business partners, and society as a whole.
Corporate responsibility informs everything they do, and is deeply embedded in their core company values. These values influence their approach to work and guide the way they treat their employees, their customers and grow their business. This is why Kingdom is pleased to both support the fundraising efforts of their employees and to be able to give money to two very worthy charitable causes. To find out more about Kingdom please visit http://www.kingdom.co.uk/